Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1/2 Way Through

Wow! I cannot believe Nick's been in country for 70 days, and gone for over 100. We're just about to the half-way mark... no way of telling for sure since we don't know his exact return date. We're hopin' and prayin' we can be each other's birthday presents!

I've been busy. I like it that way! I like being out all day and ready for bed by 8:00p.m. It keeps my mind occupied. I took my exercise certification exams the end of September, and am anxiously awaiting my results in the mail. 4-6 weeks! I thought we'd be graded on the spot, which we were for our practical exam; however the written portion was old school and reminded me of state assessments back in the day. Fill in the bubbles... it got old real quick! Anyway, because of the format the tests had to be mailed to the states, put through the grading machine and mailed back. One of the ladies here who happens to teach Spin and Body Blast (weight-lifting) has been letting me teach as little/much as I want to during her Body-Blast class. I really love it! And I am so grateful she is mentoring me! The most I've stayed in front of the class is about 10 minutes out of her 60 minute class, which is a great starting point. I'll continue to stay up there longer as I can find the beat of the music more readily.

Timi and Mom get here next week! I'm so excited, especially for Timi to be able visit another country and experience the culture. Kenzie is now wishing she could come. I wish she could too, I was just looking at pictures from when the three of them came to Florida and we were beach babes. Maybe she can come by herself in the spring, since she'll be a high school graduate!

Lucy and Zoe are doing well. I've been trying to trim them down a bit for a couple reasons. 1.) Mom and Timi are going to think they are fatties! and 2.) Zoe has her annual appt. the end of this month. Last year she weighed 24.9... they vet told me to put her on a diet! I've been trying ever since then, but it's just so hard not to give them treats all day! We'll see what the porker weighs in at this year...

Nick is changing locations sometime within the next week or so. He'll be going from doing nothing all day to being busy and doing his job all day. It's one of those things that make me happy and anxious all at the same time. I know how much he loves his job, so I'm thankful he'll actually get some down-range, hands-on experience. On the other hand, IT'S SO DANGEROUS! Geesh... I am at peace with it though. I am not one of those wives who is misinformed and doesn't know what her husband is up to. I'd rather have all the juicy, dirty, gory details so I know what we're in for. I had another tech fill me in this weekend on Nick's whereabouts, and what it boils down to is that he really needs our prayers for the remainder of this deployment. So, please pray for his safe return! :)

I took up running... It's really a love-hate relationship that I have going on with it right now. It all started because a friend of mine (who's husband is deployed with Nick) wants to run a marathon in April. I told her my body is NOT conditioned for running. Well, we started a 30 week training program a few weeks ago. It starts out very basic for the novice runner. It's hard for me, and my heart rate usually sores up to 85% of my MHR right away, but it's getting better. I love the challenge it has presented to me, and I love what it's doing for my core! I took a picture and sent it to Nick just to be sure, and he confirmed it; I have a 2-pack! I am continually working toward a rockin' hot, muscular body and am so proud to finally see a couple little ab-lets hanging out! ;) Melissa and I figure at the least, we're going to be in the best shape of our life by the time our husbands get home. That's inspiration enough for me to keep on trekkin'!

Well, that's all, I think. I am "used" to Nick being away, though I dream about him returning every day. It's one of those things I know I cannot change, so I don't bother consuming myself with the situation. I've been having fun and trying new things and really just enjoying life. I'm so excited for the next couple months, family visiting and then the holidays! Once winter hits I'm going to learn to ski and snowboard and before I know it, my baby will be holding me in arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment