Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Holidays

Thanksgiving was wonderful! I went to Roni's and we enjoyed a feast with her family and Melissa. I was so thankful to have somebody that I love to share it with.

This deployment is hitting me hard right now! The weekend following Thanksgiving all the way up until Christmas is my most favorite time of year! I love to put Christmas music on, put up all my decorations and decorate a real tree with Nick. Well, there isn't really a point to any of it this year and it is making me feel so sad and completely alone. Today I had to put some lights in the house just to try to lift my spirits a bit... it didn't really help. I brought down a few precious decorations but it just seems plain silly to go all out in my house since I'm rarely here.

I just wanted to vent a quick little note... I am so full of sadness and though I know people are all around me I am lonely. Needless to say, when Nick is gone in the future during this time of year I will be packing up my puppies and heading home.

2 comments:

  1. sending you a hug...hang in there...i know that feeling, and i hope time passes a bit easier for you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am right there with ya feeling the same things! With the holidays here and only like 2 more months it is so much harder now! i feel like these two months are going to go by so slow! i know it isnt that much time, but doesnt it feel like forever? ahh. one of the only good things i keep thinking is that because of this deployment andy and i are growing closer and closer everyday. whats that saying? absence makes the heart grow fonder? so true. i am going to savor every moment together when he returns. you and nick are always in my prayers! i cant wait til our men are back. i am so glad we are going through this together. it helps having someone you can talk to who knows EXACTLY what you are going through. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete