Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ready!

So, the first couple weeks of having little contact went ok. It always goes ok when he's gone for a short time. But when he goes on long TDY's, and now this, I am just ready to be able to talk to him again! I would even be happy with everyday emailing. It's just so rough desperately wanting to share something with him, or ask his opinion on this or that, and I can't right now! I've been having bad dreams lately, (Hey! He's the one who is supposed to be experiencing those with his Malaria medication!) and usually when I wake up he's right there beside me and can cuddle me up in his arms. Now I wake up with that dream on my mind all day... They are silly dreams that I know aren't true and won't ever become true, however, it is so much easier to accept that they are just dreams when he's here to reassure me. I know this is contrary to popular belief, but I just can't wait until he gets to Afghanistan so we can have some sort of communication more than once a week.

I am doing well, though. Last night I went with the Coppock's (my BFII-best friend in Italy (Roni) whose husband is also deployed and their 2 children) to pick up their brand new puppy! She's so cute and fluffy! Meeka is a golden retriever and the kids were so happy to get to bring her home! So was Roni... It was love at first sight. She was so playful! She did as good as could be expected the car ride home. She was nervous at first about meeting Lucy and Zoe, but they are going to be BFII's too so they have to get used to each other. ;) I'm excited to get back over to Roni's this afternoon and hear all about what she's done! Before that though, I'm going to Nikita's (my neighbor and first friend upon arriving to Italy) baby shower! I hope she gets a ton of stuff... Tomorrow I going to learn how to make lumpia with Roni and another friend. It is so delicious! Maybe I'll be able to save some for my mom and Timi to try when they come visit me in 89 days! Well, I think that is enough rambling for now! 196 days until Nick's birthday, and hopefully his arrival back to Italy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment