Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lake Barcis

Zoe, Me & Lucy
Zoe didn't care for the water...


Lucy learning how to swim!


Lake Barcis up in the Italian Alps



This picture is for Nick since I was wearing my hat ;)




A random cemetery we came across while driving through the mountains

Yesterday Roni, the kids and I, took our puppies to Lake Barcis up in the mountains, about 10-15 minutes from where Roni lives. They wanted to take their new puppy to play in the water, and Lucy and Zoe have never had the opportunity to swim so we all went! The girls were so excited to be outside walking and exploring around. Of course, they had to stop at every single tree and smell past dogs who had left their markings... We finally got to a spot where we could walk the dogs down in the water. Lucy walked in no problem, Zoe didn't want leave the solid ground! Obviously, I didn't give them the chance to stay on solid ground. :) Zoe hated it so much when I threw her in the water I didn't even try again. Lucy was so cute doggy paddling though, I couldn't resist doing it a few more times! I was so proud of my little swimmer. heehee! I really wish Nick could have been there to see her swim. He would have loved it! After taking the dogs for a dip, we proceeded to drive further through the mountains just taking in the scenic views. It was so gorgeous and relaxing (well, for me that is... Roni was driving!). We stopped off at a few different spots, one of which being the town captured above with the cemetery. It was so well kept and beautiful! After spending a few hours playing around we came back to Maniago and had doner kebabs for dinner...mmmm! It was such a great way to spend the day, and a wonderful chance to get out of the house! If the rain stays away *fingers crossed* we plan on going back up to the crystal blue water and swimming around tomorrow, without the dogs. Hopefully I'll have more pictures to post!



1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jessica! I was googling Lake Barcis and came upon your blog. I love it! We're planning on going tomorrow. Ciao, Deb Bloomer

    ReplyDelete