Sunday, August 23, 2009

Adjusting

Nick has been in Afghanistan for nearly 3 weeks now, away from home for 6 weeks and I'm starting to adjust. At first it seemed impossible to deal with him only being able to call once a week, but I am adapting the the fact. There isn't anything I can do to change it, so I am not going to get down about it. Instead, I am going to enjoy the calls he makes while I'm home and able to answer. If I miss a call, at least I know he is okay and had the chance to call.

I recently enrolled in 2 group certification courses through AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) at our base gym. I am going to take the Primary Group Exercise Certification course and the Indoor Cycling Instructor Training course. With these two courses I can teach a spin class! I am so excited! Ever since I've discovered spinning in January I haven't been able to stop! It's truly the best cardio exercise (for me) that I've found. I love the group atmosphere, loud music and ability to work at my own pace within a class. It's challenging and I can always make it harder! At the least, I'm ecstatic to volunteer for Saturday morning classes... I won't actually take the courses until the end of September. I imagine it will be a few months still before I'm able to teach, but the idea of it is exhilarating!

Two months until Mom and Timi are here! I am excited! I need to start planning! I want to take them to stay at Camp Darby, and Army post near Pisa. From there, we can travel to Florence, Cinque Terra, Lucca... and many places along the way. I have a friend who recommended a kennel, so hopeful Lucy and Zoe will be okay for the duration of our travels! I get so nervous leaving them with anybody because Lucy is an escape artist and I don't want her to get hurt or never come back to me! She's my spoiled baby. Poor Zoe, her daddy isn't here to spoil her! I try to do my best, but everybody knows that Lucy is mine and Zoe is Nick's... It's just not the same cuddling up with Zoe. Gee, I am a terrible mother! ;)

Well, that's all for me. Nothing new, really. Just sticking to the same ole routine of going to the gym as much as possible. I'm also trying to squeeze in every last pool day we have left! They close September 7... Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment